Monday, February 21, 2022

 FACEBOOK DEVASTATED MY BUSINESS!! 

Looking for answers. How do I get access to my business page on Facebook if my personal account was disabled? Sound familiar? What do you do if Facebook allowed your account to be hacked, allowed a hacker to post community violations on your page, then took away your access to your business page and finally stole your money? Criminal activity from Facebook seems to be an ongoing problem for many small business owners, and I am no exception.


My story:

I am the owner of a small business, Harmony Club Dolls, that sells children's toys, particularly little girl's dress up dolls, much like the American Girl Doll. http://www.harmonyclubdolls.com

For 10 years, I have built my business on Facebook and have relied 100% on social media leads to drive my sales. My fan page http://www.facebook.com/harmonyclubdollspeaceloveharmony has 144,000 fans due to hard work and a hefty investment in advertisement. Over the ten years with Facebook, I spent approximately $250,000 to fuel traffic to my website. 

My photos have been all about dolls and dress up. Nothing that would violate standards. I am a stay at home mom and my personal posts are about my two children with some landscape photography that I post for fun. My dolls:


Unfortunately, it all came to an end when my personal account was hacked, and according to the pop up message from Facebook, I was disabled for child sexual exploitation.  I had not posted to my personal page since January 16th, but apparently on January 17th there was a post with violations to community standards. Clearly, not my post. Next, my personal credit cards and Paypal started to receive charges from Facebook totally $27,000. While most of the charges were rejected, unfortunately $12,000 cleared my banks and credit cards, all of which I had to dispute. Luckily, my banks were able to recover the money after a week of phone calls and letters. Next, Facebook put my account under review and I waited for about 35 days, until finally I received a pop up message that stated that my account had been permanently disabled. 



After waiting 35 days for the review to take place, and after sending letters and numerous unanswered emails, I received a message from Facebook upon attempting to sign in that said  "we cant' review this decision because too much time has passed since your account was disabled". This was so infuriating to me given that the reason too much time had passed was because Facebook had failed to answer any of my messages and had not reviewed anything. Meantime, they left my business page dangling out there with no administrator to manage it. It sits there with old posts and with no way to answer customers.

Now, I am starting over after 10 years of hard work. I know there are many others with stories like this and with experiences and advice I would love to hear. 

PLEASE COMMENT WITH YOUR STORIES OR ADVICE. I HOPE WE CAN ALL HELP ONE ANOTHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment